Go Search
Cedar Valley College > Future Students > Student Services > Veterans Affairs

image of dog tags resting on an american flag

Veterans Services

Applying for Benefits

Once you have completed the admissions and registration process at the DCCCD college of your choice, you can apply for your VA education benefits.

The process for requesting certification from a DCCCD college depends on your individual situation.

Please select the circumstance that pertains to you:Military Friendly School

Once you have submitted your documentation, the VA Office will need your official degree plan or Parent Institute Letter (PIL) before submitting your certification to the VA regional office.

Our processing time in our office is currently 30-45 business days once you submit all your documents.

Please note: If you are Chapter 33, Chapter 31, and/or a Hazlewood student; we may be able to hold your courses, if you meet a certain criteria. This will allow us time to process your file accurately.

If you are not eligible to receive benefits, please note you are responsible for your tuition and fee payments.

Attention: VA Students
A PAID Registration Summary must be submitted every enrollment period for VA certification of enrollment. Certifications will not be processed if summary reflects full balance due.

Also, failure to Pay in Full or set up a Payment Plan with the Business Office will result in classes being dropped.

Hazlewood and Chapter 31, 33

Contact Us

Veterans Services Office

Room: L-162
Phone: 972-860-8219
Fax: 972-698-3028
Mon., Wed., Thurs., & Fri. 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tues. 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.

Staff Coordinators:

Ann McCowin (Senior Coordinator)
Phone: 972-860-8036
Fax: 972-698-3028

Kristy Woods (Coordinator)
Phone: 972-860-8068
Fax: 972-698-3028